Wednesday, September 1, 2010











This is my sister- Elly, my mom- Jo, and my dad- Bill. These are the people who have always inspired me to be the best person I can be. They pushed me to become who I want to be. They always believed in me and have always told me to be who every I want, and to dream big. They always gave me the best chances they could to become what ever I want. They are not important to American culture in a public way, but they uphold the ideals of American culture. Which is important to me, because they push me to be more then a house wife. They push me to strive to take a hold of the opportunities that comes with being part of an American. These people inspire me everyday, they have raised me and taught me to become who I am.



This is Amelia Earhart. To me personally she represents my ablitily to be who ever and what ever I would ever want to be. All my life I have always been told to dream big, because there are no boundaries when it came to who I wanted to become, Amelia was one of the first girls to dream HUGE and archive what she wanted. She is important to the American culture because of what she did, she was looked down on because she was a women and then she showed up all the men and few an airplane and dreamed huge, when she was shuned by the men. I have always learned about how men in the past changed life, and I was always upset because the women never entered into our history. Then I learned about her in class one day and I strived to know more and more about inspirational women.

1. What does this Icon represent to you? Why?
2. Who and what was important to this Icon? Why?
3. How did this Icon become important in American culture?
4. How did this Icon become important to you?
5. Who and what did this Icon inspire?
6. Create your own question....

No comments:

Post a Comment